Truck Attack in Nice, France: Driver Killed 84 Including 10 Children.
The suspect in the Nice attack has been identified as Mohamad Lahouaiej Bouhel, according to media reports.
This is what happened:
• Around 10:30 p.m. Thursday, the truck sped down the promenade in the seaside city of Nice. French officials said that one man was identified as driving the truck, and he was shot dead by the police.
• At least 84 people were killed, an Interior Ministry official said Friday morning. Dozens of others were injured, some severely.
• President François Hollande called it a terrorist attack, and he convened an emergency meeting at the Interior Ministry in Paris to discuss the situation. He said he would travel to Nice on Friday.
• The president said he would request a three-month extension of the state of emergency declared after terrorist attacks in and around Paris in November. It had been scheduled to expire on July 26.
• The attack in Nice occurred on France’s national holiday — 227 years since the storming of the Bastille prison, a pivotal moment in the French Revolution — and in one of France’s most populous cities, during peak vacation season.
French President Francois Hollande says about 50 people between life and death following Nice attack.
France declares three days of mourning:
Speaking from Nice on Friday, French President Francois Hollande said around 50 people are in critical condition, still “between life and death” after the attack.
Police have identified the suspect on Friday as Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, a 31-year-old man, who is originally from Tunisia. Authorities said he was married with three children.
A truck drove into a crowd during Bastille Day celebrations in Nice, France, sending hundreds running for safety.
We will update you with latest updates we collects about this news.
Keep yourself up to date with the latest news at update hunt